This week we have been thinking about how the Romans helped to shape our lives today. The Romans were the first to build proper roads in Britain. We had a go at making our own Roman Roads, but a much more interesting version! If you would like to have a go at making your own Chocolate Roman Road then follow the instructions below, written by Charlie Pass:
How to make a CHOCOLATE Roman Road
Have you ever wondered how the Romans built their roads? If yes, then read these instructions and you might be able to make your own tasty, edible version.
What you need:
- Fig roll
- White KitKat
What you do:
- First put muesli in the cup. That stands for the rubble that the Romans used at the very bottom, once they had dug a trench.
- Secondly put the fig roll in. This is like the layer of concrete.
- Next Carefully place the KitKat on top of the fig roll. They are a mixture of stones and concrete
- After that, place the maltesers (which are the large stones) and try to make sure that they don’t roll away.
- Finally, lay the Oreo biscuit like you would smooth paving stones.
Don’t eat it all at once or you might be sick. Make sure that you share with your friends.